This is a Clilstore unit. You can .
Pin is a blue little monster. He is 10 years old and he is from Spain. He has got a lot of friends at school: Sam, Cheek, Lyn...
One day of winter, Pin is reading an English book at home. Unfortunately, he can’t understand what he reads, so he starts to cry. Suddenly, Pin's mum arrives:
- Oh, dear! What is wrong?
- I don’t understand this English book... My English is awful… Can you help me, please?
- Sure! Come on, cheer up! I have an idea.
Pin and his mum have a long conversation and after that, Pin is happy. Pin decides to travel to London to improve his English.
The next week, Pin starts his new adventure. When he arrives to the hotel, he feels quite lonely, so he decides to walk around the city. He sees families who are decorating their houses for Halloween. There are skeletons and pumpkins everywhere he goes. He is really scared, so he rings the bell of one house. A sweet woman opens the door:
- Hello, honey. It is not Halloween yet. Do you want some sweets anyway?
- Excuse me? I don’t want any sweet, thanks. I am really scared.
- Oh, I can see what you mean. Come in. I will prepare some tea for you.
- Thank you very much. My name is Pin. And yours?
- My name is Rose.
Pin enters the house. It is a beautiful house. He can’t believe his eyes!
- Rose, this house is beautiful!
- Thank you very much. It is my grandmother's house. Now, she lives in a flat, close to the beach. Look, this is the hall. Here, we have a big mirror to check if you are ready to go out. By the way, let me introduce you to my family, please.
They go to the living room, where a man is watching the TV and a girl is playing the piano.
- This is my husband Hook and she is my child Cheek. Guys, this is Pin. He is our guest tonight.
- Hello, nice to meet you. My name is Pin.
- Hi, Pin. Please, feel at home and help yourself - Hook says while pointing at the teapot, which is on a little wooden table, next to a big lamp.
Ten minutes later, after having a relaxing talk with Rose’s family, Rose says to Pin:
- Come on, Pin, let's see the rest of the house. Do you want to leave that hotel and stay during some weeks with us?
- Mmm. It sounds great, but my mum always tells me not to trust strangers...
- OK. Don't worry. I can call your mum. Can you give me her phone number, please?
- Of course. Her phone number is +34689745891.
After talking to Pin's mum, they start to visit the basement. There are many things there: some boxes with clothes, Cheek's old toys and Hook's drawings, among other things.
Then, they see the garage. In the garage, there is a red car and next to the car, there are three new bikes.
In the ground floor, they visit the kitchen, one toilet, one bathroom and the dining room.
In the large white kitchen, there is an enourmous fridge, where there are plenty of vegetables, some bread, fruits and other groceries, like milk and even one big cake!
- Pin, here you can come whenever you feel hungry to eat whatever you want.
- Oh, thanks, everything looks delicious.
In the toilet, there is a toilet and one white sink. There are three toothbrushes on the sink. Moreover, there is one green towel between the sink and a small chair.
Later, they go to the bathroom, where there is a clean bath, a purple towel, some cupboards and some pictures on the wall.
Finally, they visit the dining room, where there are six chairs around a big table, five pictures and some magazines on a small table.
- Look, here we always have breakfast at 7 o'clock, we have lunch at 12 o'clock and we have dinner at 6 o'clock.
- Wow, English timetable is very different from Spanish timetable. I normally have breakfast at 8 o'clock, I have lunch at 2 o'clock and I have dinner at 9 o'clock.
- I see, now you know something new about English culture!
After that, they go to the first floor, where they find Cheek's bedroom, Rose and Hook's bedroom and the bedroom for guests.
- Come here, Pin! This is your new bedroom. You can sleep in this bed. It is more comfortable than the sofa.
- OK. Thank you so much. This bedroom is wonderful!
- Yes, it is. Well, Pin, would you like to have some dinner? I have prepared Sunday roast.
- Pardon? What is that? I have never heard about Sunday roast.
- It is a typical English meal. In my familiy, we eat Sunday roast for lunch after church every Sunday in our cottage. It is made of roast beef, roast potatoes, Yorkshire pudding, some vegetables and gravy, which is a sauce.
- Yummy, that sounds delicious. I am starving! Let’s have dinner!
Pin has dinner with Rose’s family and he spends four weeks with them. He discovers the Big Ben and he he improves his English very much.
When his stay in London finishes, he feels sad to say goodbye to his English family, but he learns an important lesson: we should help people in need and we should feel lucky and grateful for having a home where we can live.
Short url: http://test.multidict.net/cs/6589